Monday, February 20, 2006

Funerals.

So I went to my fake great aunts' funeral today. She was a very difficult person to get along with and towards the end of her life, I was angry with her for the way she treated my family. I am a firm believer that death doesn't make you a better person but I still think that anytime someone dies, however they were in life, the world is altered, usually the worse for the loss. What was interesting and my sister and I agree was quite cool, was the the officiant was pretty open about how stubborn and independant (in the bad was) she was. How cranky she could get. How comparmentalized she was about her friendship. How posessive she was. How difficult she could be. But also how that made her who she was. But he also was able to point out that those things made her who she was. That she loved us, even if it was hard to take her "brand" of love. And despite it all, I do miss her. I will miss her. And the world does suck just a tiny bit more because she is gone. I miss you, you crazy spinster. Thank you for all the nice stuff you did for us. In your strange way, I know you loved us.

1 Comments:

Blogger AAM said...

Was this the english lady? In any case I'm sorry, a death is a death..

2/23/2006 02:51:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter