Sunday, September 10, 2006

Witching.

Alright, I need to purge this creepy power from my mind. Maybe writing about it will work. I have an upsetting power that I can't harness or understand. It's occurrence is so common, we have taken to calling it "witching". This sounds silly but I assure you, it is a dark and haunting power that makes no sense and causes me much anxiety.
I can make pop culture appear. If I mention a movie, actor, song...most of the time within a few days, it will be on, have a publicity resurgence, or be played or mentioned. This appears to be a completely random act. It doesn't happen all the time. But very very very frequently. Like all unharnessed powers, I cannot make it work to my profit or detriment. Which is good. I just can't explain it.
The other day, I was mentioning a VERY obscure French animation film from my childhood (The Last Unicorn), to the fabulous Miss Olive. I am watching it on TV right now. The other night Mister B and i were watching a Benson marathon on the blessed TVland and I spotted Philip Baker Hill on the episode, who is not very often in modern stuff, which I commented on...last night, Magnolia was on.
These are just the most recent examples of witchings. There are MILLIONS of them. And I can't explain it, or control it. I have no doubt it will destroy my life and drive me into the madhouse. That black, black magic. Please turn on your radios and wait for Frank Sinatra.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

OMG- Mr Sinatra just drove past my house. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

9/10/2006 10:19:00 p.m.  
Blogger shellswick said...

You mock. Go ahead. They all laughed at...well, Henny Youngman I am told...do not mock things you can never understand. The rhythm IS going to get you.

9/11/2006 01:41:00 a.m.  
Blogger Richmond said...

And yet you won't talk about Max Headroom, thereby leading to its release on DVD.

9/11/2006 03:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger AAM said...

This is a good and happy power, better than the Neilsons!

9/12/2006 04:56:00 p.m.  
Blogger snusnu said...

The Last Unicorn! I loved that movie. I'll have to keep an eye out.

9/13/2006 10:38:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter