Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just tasty

I am not a fangirl, typically. I don't find guys "hunky" nor do I buy calenders featuring beefcakes. My taste in dudes tends to be bigger dudes and like my beloved Anne Shirley said "I would like it if he could be wicked, but wouldn't." and I want them to look the part. Which is why I don't enjoy a Tenor, usually...they tend to be "feathery strokers" and I just don't have that kind of time. I don't enjoy pretty boys who turn a slim calf. And I don't talk about cute boys, unless I am speaking either ironically or condescendingly. I do not work in accounts receivable so I do not talk about making love to Brad Pitt or George Clooney (I am not made of wood, if the opportunity presented itself, I would fuck 'em....yummers). ALL that aside...I got to see Tosca last night. And Greer Grimsely was in it. He isn't a tenor, but he is slim and does turn a shapely calf. And he is hunky. And I would buy 10 thousand calendars of him. He is amazing, in all ways I have been privileged to see him.
This is my second time seeing him, and in both shows (the other was The Flying Dutchman) he was wearing a similar costume; hose, breeches, a cut-away coat, a ruffled shirt...essentially the gayest thing a man can wear without wearing a dress, and yet, AND YET...he looks so amazing in it that I can't picture him any other way. To quote Empire Records "Baby, you are sex.". And, the mf can sing like there is no tomorrow. And frankly, if my last is spent listening to him and looking at him (alongside my loving husband and fabulous friends and family of course) I would be okay with that.
And yes, I am sure Richmond will smack me. And man oh boy do I deserve it.

6 Comments:

Blogger snusnu said...

And, when we're all backstage waiting to go on and he walks out of his dressing room and smiles at us, all you hear is a whimper, because that's all we're capable of.

2/26/2008 12:02:00 p.m.  
Blogger shellswick said...

Like the three blonds in Beauty and the Beast huh?

2/26/2008 12:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger snusnu said...

Um, yes. All too apt of a comparison.

2/26/2008 10:26:00 p.m.  
Blogger Richmond said...

This thread hurts my freedom.

2/28/2008 05:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger Scott said...

http://www.classical89.org/wagner/

Some photos of said calf turner.

So that explains the Greer screen saver, keychain, toaster cozy, shoelaces, doll, lunch box, coffee mug, wall poster, hose (spent), and I (heart) Greer bumper stickers you just ordered from ebay???

I did a little googling (grammar gods help me with that word) and he seems like also a nice guy outside of his stage world. Big tipper cuz he used to wait tables and so on and so forth.

3/09/2008 11:08:00 a.m.  
Blogger snusnu said...

He's actually an incredibly nice, gracious and swell guy, all around. His wife and daughter are a scream, too.

3/13/2008 02:01:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter