Tuesday, April 03, 2007

OLDNESS

So, this is my blog. I get to say whatever I want. I am, officially, old tomorrow. Well, not old, old, but, older than I was. Which, I reckon, is true of every day but your last. At any rate...I have very carefully calculated my life so that with about 3 or 4 exceptions, all of the most important people in my life are older than me. But the downside is that I never get to complain about being old.
To be honest, I really don't feel older, but that is largely because I have always felt old. I know that one must mature and change over the course of time and perhaps I have, but I honestly *feel* like I am pretty well the same as I was 10 years ago. So, I dunno.
I do have a strong sense that there is so much I wanted to have done by this point in my life that I have yet to do, but as the Spamlottians say "I am not dead yet". There was an excellent episode of Mad About You
Wherein they show a montage of Paul's birthdays, including his annual birthday walk, which he takes in Central Park, to think over the past year of his life. And had always taken alone, until the year Jamie was in his life...it was sweet and funny and romantic and I always think of it this time of year. I always liked the idea of doing that, The Birthday Walk, but I spent enough time in self reflection, so I never did it.
But, all in all, last year,in terms of my own development and life, wasn't half bad. I moved to another country, which doesn't happen all that often; I managed to orchestrate, god, three moves, or maybe four; my hair is longer and different colours; I've lost weight (and gained some, but the loss was greater); I've started exercising quasi-regularly; I launched a new blog that will guarantee me infamy (http://shellswickpresents.blogspot.com/), if not fame and fortune...there is bad stuff too, of course, but that seems to matter less. Maybe that is a benefit of aging, the bad stuff seems less catastrophic for the most part.
I welcome you, my 28th birthday and the year it holds. Bring it on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

well, we do not have Central Park but we do have Greenlake. And iam and I like warm Saturdays to go for a walk there (while Deb runs rings around us) and you guys are always welcome to come wik. Also also wik.

4/07/2007 11:41:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter