Thursday, September 20, 2007

Made up

Honestly, I didn't turn it on deliberately. We were watching the dreamy Jon Stewart that we had fakevo'd and when it was over, the TV was on Lifetime. And they were showing an infomerical hosted by the two main dudes from Air Supply. It was for a Time Life record collection (Time Life on Lifetime, Oprah, Uma, Uma, Oprah) of the soft "rock" of the 1970-80's. Obviously, the problems with that scenario abound, but their was one part, aside from claiming there was good music on these cd's, that was clearly made up. One of the "real people" who just LOVED all those soft hits, was named "Vickory Hexter" and it was a woman. OH COME ON! That is worse than the names of the women in my "stories". Vickory? Hexter?
And, incidentally, whatever Air Supply had, dried up and blew away mannny years ago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe I just saw this... Vickory Hexter is a real person and this is her real name. I went to elementary school with her in California. That was her name even in 4th grade. And incidentally I also saw her (the real Vickory Hexter) in the infomercial. Very funny. I would have thought it was fake too if I hadn't know her.

1/11/2016 01:19:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter