Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Good News!

As you may know, I am an atheist; To quote Mr. Douglas Adams (whom, before his death, my husband would have left me for given the chance) "It isn't that I don't believe that god exists, it is that I actively believe there is no god." But, unlike many atheists, I can discuss god with people who do believe without screaming "THERE IS NO GOD!" In fact, some of my closest friends are people of faith and I respect their belief as they respect mine (although I am sure the giggle quietly about my place in hell).
This does not prevent me from anthropomorphizing the god that our culture talks about. In the old testament, god was always "smiting" people...with another friend, it has been decided "smote" is a liquid, that god stirs, in a big cauldron while he watches his creations from the clouds. And he must have a sense of humour, look to the platypus (That is from something but I don't know what...shiny nickel for anyone who tells me). And I know that there are a helluva a lot of assholes who do terrible things to innocent people and hide behind their god, who frankly also thinks they are assholes.
Despite a lack of a faith based moral compass, I try to be a goodish person. That includes not actively wishing bad things to befall people...unless they really, really deserve it. Which brings me to my point. JERRY FALWELL IS DEAD!
Couldn'ta happened to a nicer guy. I hope he was in pain. And for just a brief moment, I hoped that the afterlife is whatever people think it is, so that those who believe in heaven and hell go there. And I hope god punched Falwell in the face and then ass raped him. And then laughed in his face and called him a faggot. And then I hope that there is reincarnation and I hope Falwell comes back as a poor, crippled, black queer. And I hope his parents hate him.
Rot in your grave you sick piece of crap. I just wish your death had been more prolonged.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The platypus thing is from the intro to Dogma.... it's a mammal that lays eggs for Pete's sake! Do I get my shiny nickel now or later?Speaking of God having a sense of humour.... how's the speach coming?? hee hee

5/15/2007 02:41:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by jer. If you ask me, his punishment was having to live his life being Jerry Falwell. Living your whole life always being incredibly wrong AND looking like that...? EEEWWWW.
Ang.

5/15/2007 04:05:00 p.m.  
Blogger snusnu said...

We don't giggle! Rub our hands together, light our Mary candle from 7-11 and pray for your soul, maybe, but there is no giggling.

He was a hideous man who should have felt one tenth of the humilation and suffering he heaped upon others. I believe in Hell just so I can think that shitheads like him go there.

5/18/2007 12:44:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter